Investiga con nosotros
OFERTAS DE TRABAJO POR DEPARTAMENTOS
Aquí puedes encontrar las ofertas de trabajo disponibles que ofertan los 4 departamentos de investigación de Tecnun.
Assistant/Associate professor of Operations Management
Tecnun, the Engineering School of the University of Navarra seeks to fill a position as an Assistant/Associate Professor in the field of Operations Management, to begin January 2022. Graduated in Engineering, Science or Business Administration is required.
Supported by the existing academic staff, candidates will teach at both undergraduate and graduate level, in the fields of Operations Management (Production, Process Quality, Logistics and Operational Research). Candidates is expected to engage in collaborative research activities of the Industrial Management Department at TECNUN and to sustain an outstanding research program, resulting in publications in top-ranked journals, enhancing the research profile of the Engineering School and the University of Navarra.
Skills and qualifications required
• Candidates will be expected to hold a doctoral level research degree, and hold a distinguished academic record including internationally research, demonstrating appropriate markers of academic recognition.
• Duties include 50% of time teaching (1 or 2 subjects per semester) and assisting with program development and the other 50% of time carrying out collaborative research.
• Do research into knowledge area of Operations Management and the experience teaching will be valued.
• Data analytics, statistical thinking and computer science capabilities are required.
• Good written and verbal communication skills are essential, as is the ability to work well with members of the wider project teams and School of Engineering staff.
• The candidate will teach in English to both Spanish and international students for the Engineering programs offered on campus (https://tecnun.unav.edu/en/estudios).
• Interest in the identity and mission of the University of Navarra. Knowledge and interest in core values of the University of Navarra.
• Established record of acquiring research grants/funding.
• Ability to attract and develop talented researchers into the field.
• Experience with interacting with Industry.
How to apply
Applicants should submit a dossier that includes:
• A cover letter that describes his or her motivation, the research and teaching experience.
• A Curriculum Vitae
• The contact information of two referees
The applicants should email them to email@example.com. For further information or queries, please contact us at the same email address. Candidates will be initially interviewed by Teams.
The University of Navarra (www.unav.edu) is an international University committed to quality teaching and excellence in research. It occupies the 3rd position in the Europe Teaching Ranking 2019 by Times Higher Education and Elsevier. The University was founded based on the Catholic principles by St. Josemaría Escrivá and is a corporate work of Opus Dei. It provides suitable opportunities for the development of its professors and employees, carries out broad cultural outreach and social promotion through NGOs and charities, and encourages service-learning programs. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment. The School of Engineering (Tecnun) (www.tecnun.edu) has 1,200 students and it is placed in Donostia-San Sebastián, a beautiful city in the north of Spain, on the Basque coast. As an academic institution, we develop basic research in several fields of engineering, but we also carry out applied research in collaboration with Ceit, a non-profit research centre that was created by the University of Navarra in 1982.
Note: Salary according Spanish universities standard.
The role of Resilience in reducing the effects of catastrophes
Fully-Funded PhD Program at TECNUN, the School of Engineering of the University of Navarra, Spain
Join the enthusiastic Resilience Research Group of TECNUN, the School of Engineering at the University of Navarra.
About the position
We are recruiting a PhD student to carry out research within the context of a research project related to crisis management and resilience in the Industrial Organization Department of the School of Engineering, for a period of three to four years.
The Resilience Group aims to promote, develop and disseminate the research carried out for the improvement of detection systems, the management of crises disasters generate and the awareness and preparedness of all social groups. The project under which the Ph.D. will be developed aims to achieve a more resilient and collaborative society in the face of catastrophes, improving its anticipation capacity, developing faster and more efficient responses and thus reducing their impact.
Main duties and responsibilities
The PhD candidate should carry out her/his research aimed to developing the thesis with the support of relevant publications in highly ranked indexed journals. We expect the candidate to take an active role in the development of research projects associated with her/his research topic. The candidate should show the willingness to take part in the different activities organized by the Department, as well as mandatory duties established in the PhD student agreements.
Provisions relating to the positions as PhD Research Fellows can be found in the Applied Engineering program web page.
- A solid academic background with a master’s degree in Engineering, Science or Business Administration. This year, candidates who are in the closing stages of their master’s degree can also apply.
- Strong English writing skills for publishing research papers.
- Good knowledge of oral English is also required.
The position places great demands on the applicant’s capacity for independent goal-oriented work with a critical attitude. The Faculty is seeking candidates with good communication skills for communicating both with the practitioners of the research, research partners and PhD colleagues. Further, relevant practical experience, personal qualities, suitability and good teamwork skills will also be emphasized.
More about the University of Navarra and Tecnun - the School of Engineering.
The University of Navarra is an international University committed to quality teaching and excellence in research. It occupies the 3rd position in the Europe Teaching Ranking 2019 by Times Higher Education and Elsevier. The University was founded on the basis of Catholic principles by St. Josemaría Escrivá and is a corporate work of Opus Dei. It provides suitable opportunities for the development of its professors and employees, carries out broad cultural outreach and social promotion through NGOs and charities, and encourages service learning programs. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment.
The School of Engineering (Tecnun) has 1,200 students and it is placed in Donostia-San Sebastián, a beautiful city in the north of Spain, on the Basque coast. As an academic institution, we develop basic research in several fields of engineering, but we also carry out applied research in collaboration with Ceit, a non-profit research center that was created by the University of Navarra in 1982.
To learn more about the University of Navarra click here
To learn more about Tecnun, The Engineering School of the University of Navarra click here
To learn more about the city San Sebastian click here
Applicants should submit by May 1st, 2021 a dossier that includes:
- A motivation letter detailing why you want to pursue the Ph.D. degree;
- Certificates and certified transcripts for bachelor's and master's degree. Applicants with foreign higher education must attach an official description of the grading system used at the issuing institution.
- a complete Curriculum Vitae
- One-page summary of Master’s thesis
- The names and directions of two persons who can provide references about you.
For further information or queries, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. The preliminary interview will be done remotely, using the Teams environment.
No hay ofertas disponibles
No hay ofertas disponibles
Postdoc Position in Computational Biology at the School of Engineering of University of Navarra, TECNUN
A Postdoc position is opened in the Computational Biology group at the School of Engineering of University of Navarra, TECNUN, which is located in San Sebastian, one of the most beautiful cities in Spain.
Our group spans the areas of personalized medicine, as well as systems pharmacology, with a clear focus on the integration of different -omics experiments, genome-scale metabolic networks, and applications to cancer, obesity, and rare diseases.
Candidates interested in using computational tools and mathematical models to analyze -omics data in the context of personalized medicine are encouraged to apply. The selected candidate will be involved in a European Project funded by three national associations to treat different types of hematological cancers (https://editorproject.com/). In particular, the main tasks will be the integration using statistic and machine learning approaches of drug compounds and -omics data.
Requirements: Candidates must hold a Ph.D. in either statistics, mathematics, physics, engineering, or computer science, or a Ph.D. in biological sciences with substantial experience in bioinformatics and systems biology, as well as programming skills. We will appreciate candidates with previous expertise in the analysis of -omics data, although other profiles will also be considered.
Candidates should email their CV (including names of references) and a letter of interest to Angel Rubio: email@example.com. Applications should be received before November 15th.